Master of Library Science (MLS) degree from an ALA-accredited institution
(1) a bachelorís degree in economics, finance, data science, or a related social science field, or
(2) five years of associated academic library experience;
If the applicant does not have an MLS, a masterís or doctoral degree in economics, finance, data science, or a related social science field is required.
Individuals hired without an MLS must complete the MLS degree within a specific period of time. They will be provided a minimum of 36 months from date of hire.
- Demonstrated understanding of research processes in a range of social sciences, and experience working with large data sets and repositories, including relevant tools and methodologies, and knowledge of research data lifecycles, including acquisition, curation and management, analysis and presentation, sharing, and preservation.
- Ability to provide advanced research assistance and to participate in outreach programs such as course-integrated instruction, exhibits, and presentations in assigned subject areas and in aspects of data literacy including the discovery, cleaning, management, ethical use, preservation, and sharing of data.
- Subject expertise in assigned areas at sufficient levels to assess the curricular and research needs of the university, and to build collections to meet those needs.
For additional information, please see:
Jobs at the Brigham Young University, Harold B. Lee Library