Location: The primary work location is negotiable between Oregon Techís two primary campuses in Klamath Falls and Portland-Metro, OR.
Serving at the rank of Executive Director of the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Cultural Engagement (DICE) and also serving as the institutionís Title IX Coordinator and Equal Opportunity Officer (Executive Director), this inaugural position is a member of the Presidentís Executive Leadership Team. The primary work location is negotiable between Oregon Techís two primary campuses in Klamath Falls and Portland-Metro, OR. While the Executive Director formally reports to the President, the Executive Director will collaborate extensively with other members of the Executive Leadership Team and will be provided a mentor on the Senior Leadership Team. The Executive Director serves as Oregon Techís ranking leader coordinating, developing, enhancing, and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. The Executive Director will facilitate and refine the institutionís strategies to ensure greater alignment and to promote a culture fostering an open and equitable educational and work environment. The Executive Director will develop and implement an institutional diversity plan to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and objectives set forth in the institutionís 2020-2025 Strategic plan and support the institutionís mission and core values. The Executive Director provides proactive, strategic and programmatic leadership to promote and foster an increasingly inclusive and welcoming culture for all members of the Oregon Tech community, including members of the community identifying with groups that are marginalized or underrepresented. The Executive Director collaborates closely with student, faculty, staff, institutional leaders, and community leaders/organizations in all aspects of the position, including assuring Oregon Tech programs and activities embrace and engender equitable and inclusive best practices.
The Executive Director partners with, among others, the Division of Academic Affairs, the Division of Student Affairs, the Office of Human Resources, Student Government, the Faculty Senate, and the Administrative Council, in programming and professional development efforts. The Executive Director collaborates with relevant offices in developing strategic initiatives and best practices to increase the recruitment and success of diverse students and employees. The Executive Director chairs (or co-chairs) Oregon Techís Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and chairs (or co-chairs) Oregon Techís Title IX Steering Committee. The Executive Director partners with relevant Division and Department heads in overseeing and enforcing programs to prevent, detect, and respond appropriately to violations of Oregon Tech policy and applicable federal and state laws related to equal opportunity, discrimination, harassment, and related retaliation. The Executive Director oversees complaint and investigation processes involving allegations of discrimination, including allegations that may allege violations of, among other state and federal laws, Title IX and Title VII.
- BA/BS, or higher, in social work, social justice, public administration, human resource management, business, psychology, education, or related field
- Minimum of 3 yearsí experience advocating for and implementing change within a multi-cultural environment
- Minimum of 3 yearsí experience developing and implementing diversity, equity, and/or inclusion programs
- Familiarity with non-discrimination and harassment laws (e.g., Title IX, Title VII, ADA, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms of various communities, particularly BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically as it relates to communicating to a variety of internal and external stakeholders about DEI
- Comfortable and effective presenting to large, diverse audiences
- Experience developing and delivering formal and informal trainings
- Possess a passion for collaboration, change management, and continuous improvement
- Experience supervising and leading teams
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Experience with diversity, equity and/or inclusion in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to specific barriers which may lead to a lack of access and engagement for students and employees within a higher education setting
- Experience writing policies and procedures
- Demonstrated prior direct or indirect work in Title IX and or non-discrimination laws and experience with conducting complaint, investigation, and complaint resolution processes pertaining to allegations of discrimination, harassment, and related retaliation
- Demonstrated skills or ability to be successful in shaping an inclusive University climate
- Expert influencing skills with a proven ability to support and empower professional and student leaders who are less experienced in leading conversations about diversity and inclusion to build Oregon Techís capacity in equity leadership
- Managerial experience, both with direct reports and with cross functional teams that do not have a direct, formal reporting structure.
- Track record of program implementation, strategic planning, and managing across multiple important priorities
- Existing understanding of Oregon and federal anti-discrimination laws applicable to both educational and employment settings
- Experience in grant writing and seeking external funding
Information and Application Process Instructions
How to Apply: To review the posting and apply, visit https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/3982. †For questions about this position please contact Harmony Stobaugh at email@example.com. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.† Oregon Tech is an AA/EEO/Vets/ADA employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Oregon Institute of Technology and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.UniversityJob.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...