Director, Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare
Utica College, a small comprehensive college in Upstate New York, is seeking applications for a Director, Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare. The Institute Director will be a highly competent and energetic leader with passion and expertise to promote UC’s Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare to impact healthcare in a sustainable and visible manner. The Director will be an academic administrator with a teaching assignment to ensure the alignment of research, education, and clinical quality initiatives for the Institute. The successful candidate will oversee and manage all aspects of the Institute’s operations and collaborate with special attention to faculty development and research, education, community engagement, assessment, and strategic planning. The Institute Director reports directly to the Provost and VP for Academic Affairs and will collaborate with relevant UC offices for fundraising, communications, personnel, and financial management.
In deciding whether to apply for a position at Utica College, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the UC mission and culture to help determine their potential success at http://www.utica.edu/instadvance/marketingcomm/about/. Our Mission and Values Statement includes a commitment to fostering diversity in background, perspective, and experience within an environment that is dedicated to the freedom of expression and the open sharing of ideas. At UC, diversity means that we are a community that represents a range of human experience and makes conscious choices to appreciate, respect, and learn from each other. Utica College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish and manage an advisory group of stakeholders for the Institute.
- Work with College’s senior administration and advisory board to determine and refine the overall mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the Institute.
- Provide oversight, leadership, and support for Institute activities in research, clinical services, and education.
- Work with advisory board members to prepare Institute’s annual budget, establish and achieve financial goals, and regularly report financial status to Provost and senior administration.
- Monitor productivity of the Institute and regularly evaluate the quality of achievement of the Institute’s goals and mission.
- Perform assigned college-related teaching duties (teach 3 credits per year).
- Travel for professional conferences and to promote the work of the Institute as necessary.
- A terminal doctoral degree in a relevant field, such as public health, integrative medicine, or health-related professional career.
- A minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience in an accredited higher education institution.
- An established record of research, publication, and presentation in the field of integrative health or related fields.
- Fluency in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated skills in the provision of services and educational programming in an ethnically and culturally diverse environment.
- A clinical license to practice in a health-related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years clinical leadership experience.
- Leadership experience in higher education or specialized integrative health center.
- Board certification in Integrative Medicine.
- Successful grant writing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills to complete tasks and projects.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, research statement, and a diversity statement. All positions at Utica College support the College’s mission and values in part by being active members of an inclusive environment. Please describe in your diversity statement how you would see yourself incorporating this into this role.
In line with the College’s Affirmative Action Policy, there is no requirement or expectation that a candidate disclose their identity or membership in any protected class or group, either in the diversity statement or in other application documents submitted to the search committee. For additional information on what to provide in your diversity statement please reference the diversity statement guide at the following link: https://www.utica.edu/hr/media/Diversity_Statement_Guide.pdf
All application materials must be submitted online at the following link: https://uc.peopleadmin.com/postings/3056
Active consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. References will be checked for candidates invited to campus.
Utica College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups as well as individuals who have experience with diverse populations.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference www.UniversityJob.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Utica College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.UniversityJob.com