The Seton Family of Doctors and the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin are seeking a BC/BE, Family Medicine Physician for the CommUnityCare Southeast Health and Wellness Clinic. CommUnityCare is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Successful candidates will join a team of 21 residents, 8 faculty physicians and 1 behavioral health faculty member.
Dell Medical School’s mission is to revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
- Educating leaders who transform health care;
- Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value;
- Advancing innovation from discovery to outcomes;
- Improving health in our community as a model for the nation; and
- Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society.
Seton (Ascension) and Dell Medical School are partnering closely with the community and regional healthcare providers and payers to provide new models for health promotion, healthcare delivery, and clinical care for the community’s underserved population.
The SEHWC is a result of a collaborative effort involving the Southeast Austin community, Central Health, and CommUnityCare. The site offers a full range of healthcare services, including dental care, family medicine, internal medicine, specialty care, behavioral health, radiology, and an on-site pharmacy. Additional community resources are available including meeting rooms, exercise spaces, and a demonstration kitchen.
The Seton Family of Doctors and the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin are seeking a BC/BE, Family Medicine Physician for the CommUnityCare Southeast Health and Wellness Clinic as an outpatient-focused clinician- educator in collaboration with CommUnityCare, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and main teaching site for our Family Medicine residency program.
Family & Community Medicine will be key to developing and maintaining strong and effective primary care and community engagement activities within the Dell Medical School. In addition, training medical students and residents in Family & Community Medicine is a key component of the Dell Medical School’s strategy to help make Austin and Travis County a model healthy community.
Development of a strong primary care presence for care delivery, education, and research is essential for meeting the goals of Dell Medical School. This position will include direct patient care for a vulnerable patient population; precepting of residents in their continuity clinic work; teaching of medical students during their longitudinal care experience; and mentoring of student projects in population health and care transformation.
This clinic provides the following services:
- Family Medicine including pediatrics (no age limitation)
- Internal Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Maternity Care
- Behavioral Health Psychology (by referral only)
- Pharmacy Services
Successful candidates will have the ability to demonstrate clinical excellence, organizational and leadership skills for a Family Medicine faculty position to include faculty clinical practice, interest and skill in medical education to include resident physician supervision in the ambulatory and in-patient settings, medical student precepting and other duties/responsibilities as assigned for this faculty position. Academic appointment through University of Texas Austin Dell Medical School, Department of Population Health, Division of Family & Community Medicine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating, assessing, and disseminating new models of primary care.
- Participating in educational efforts and working towards continuous process improvement within the primary care practice of the FQHC. Implementing a robust program of practice improvement within the Division’s clinical services.
- Participating in Family Medicine faculty’s educational mission, including working closely with academic leaders of the Dell Medical School to develop and implement an innovative undergraduate and residency curricula in primary care, family and community medicine.
- Supporting the Dell Medical School research mission by creating a supportive environment for, and collaborating with, researchers to conduct practice-based research in primary care.
- Helping to implement innovative undergraduate and residency curricula in primary care.
The Seton Healthcare Family is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.9 million. Seton operates 5 major medical centers, including the region's only Level I Trauma Centers for adult and pediatrics and a dedicated children's hospital.
The Dell Medical School, the first new medical school to be built at a tier one research university in nearly 50 years, welcomed its inaugural class in 2016. The school is committed to redesigning academic medicine and revolutionizing how people get and stay healthy, by educating leaders, developing new models of care, and advancing innovation from health products to health care delivery.
The Seton Healthcare Family is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer. Hiring is contingent upon obtaining medical licensure in the state of Texas.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
• Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Texas Medical Board.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
- MD or DO degree with residency training in Family & Community Medicine
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas.
- Training and experience in quality improvement initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills with prior experience in one or more clinical or academic programs
- Experience mentoring fellows, residents, and/or medical students and success in their career development
- Strong clinical teaching skills
- Eligible for a faculty appointment at the University of Texas.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Well-documented speaking, teaching, and writing skills
- Fellowship training or chief residency with a focus in quality improvement, health services research, or educational evaluation
- Ability to build and lead high-performing teams; must be able to provide clear and accurate direction and guidance.
- Ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner in person and on the phone
- Experience in precepting Family Medicine Residents in a primary care setting
- Plan, promote, demonstrate, recommend and coordinate high standards of medical practice
- Effective professional management skills, including the ability to plan, organize and schedule work in an efficient and productive manner, focusing on key priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to interact with peers, executives, employees, and consultants in a positive manner
- Sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects and to prioritize.
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required.
Apply Here: https://providerjobs-ascension.icims.com/jobs/105669/family-medicine-physician/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445147
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference universityjob.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Texas at Austin and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.universityjob.com