- Private, non-profit, osteopathic medical school in Dothan, Alabama that is an academic division of Southeast Health and was founded to address the stateís primary care physician shortage.
- Third medical school in Alabama and the stateís first osteopathic medical school.
- Pre-clinical curriculum:
- Systems-based integrated delivery with anatomy and molecular medicine cornerstones in first year
- Immersive simulation experiences and numerous standardized patient encounters
- Career development integrated in curriculum
- Clinical curriculum:
- Expansive network of qualified preceptors and training site since mid-2000s
- More than 30 core clinical training sites in Alabama, Florida and Mississippi
- Unique, mandatory clinical rotations in hospice care and rural medicine
- Nationally and internationally recognized and award-winning simulation program, with first-of-its-kind clinical simulation fellowship for medical school students.
- Ongoing development of graduate medical education at ACOMís Alabama core sites through partnership with the Alabama Medical Education Consortium.
Visit our Web page.
(The link above opens a new window. Close the window to return here.)
There are no current job listings at this time. To search for job opportunities at other colleges, universities and research institutes around the world, please click on this link: www.UniversityJob.com.