Missouri State University
McQueary College of Health and Human Services
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Tenure Track, MCHHS RStats Institute
The McQueary College of Health and Human Services at Missouri State University (https://mchhs.missouristate.edu/) is searching for a colleague to join the RStats institute (https://www.missouristate.edu/rstats/) in our vibrant, collegial, progressive, and growing college. MSU has a Public Affairs Mission and is committed to the pillars of Cultural Competence, Ethical Leadership and Community Engagement. MSU enrolls more than 24,000 students (approximately 20,000 undergraduates and 4,000 graduate students). The College supports nationally accredited undergraduate (16) and graduate programs at the doctorate (6), master’s degree (15), and certificate levels (16) housed in eleven departments and schools supporting 900 graduate students (enrolled in certificate, MS, Professional Doctoral programs), and approximately 3,000 undergraduate majors with a student population that is 23.5% Latinx, 6% Black, 55% White, and 6% multiracial. The position is a tenure track, nine-month appointment at the Assistant Professor rank. The ideal candidate will share MSU’s commitment to our diverse student population preparing them for their future careers.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits available include health, vision, life, and dental insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement programs. Dependents and spouses of full time MSU employees are entitled to tuition waivers for dependents, up to 15 credits/year. The position is a nine-month appointment.
Requested Start Date:
August 16, 2021
Location and Environment:
The McQueary College of Health and Human Services promotes learning, scholarship, and service to the broader community. Our college provides state-of-the-art facilities and equipment supporting the departments and programs https://www.missouristate.edu/mchhs/.
Missouri State University is a selective-admissions, multi-campus metropolitan university system that recently celebrated 100 years of excellence in teaching, research, and service. Guided by a mission in public affairs, we move forward in providing leadership education for the 21st century. As the second largest university in the state, Missouri State University is home to more than 26,000 students. The University offers 102 baccalaureate, 61 Master’s, and 7 Doctoral degree programs within eight academic colleges. The University is strongly committed to faculty development through internal grants programs, summer fellowships, sabbaticals, and the availability of the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning. Missouri State University holds honors from noteworthy publications including Forbes magazine, The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report https://www.missouristate.edu/about/.
The main campus of Missouri State University is in the city of Springfield, known as the gateway to the beautiful Ozarks. The city of Springfield has many attractions while still maintaining the feel of a safe community with a strong family focus. The city has been rated by Employment Review as one of the “Top Ten of America’s Best Places to Live and Work”. As a vibrant metropolitan area of 450,000 people,
Springfield offers advantages in the areas of low cost of living, superior health care access, excellent public schools, and a wide range of entertainment, recreational, and cultural opportunities. https://www.liveinspringfieldmo.com/ https://www.missouristate.edu/about/springfield-ozarks.htm
- See http://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/52519 for a full description of the position and to apply online. Missouri State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/minority/female/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity employer and institution. We encourage applications from all interested minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Employment will require a completed criminal background check at University expense.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Colette Witkowski, Search Chair, at Colettewitkowski@missouristate.edu; Phone: 417-836-5603.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to inclusive teaching practices and expertise in teaching research design, data analysis and statistics across the college at the graduate and undergraduate level. Teaching need is in the health sciences areas and professional graduate programs. The candidate will be knowledgeable of and use student focused pedagogy in the classroom to engage students in the learning process and provide students with access to high impact practices aimed at increasing student retention, persistence, and success. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate students, advising, supporting graduate students in biomedical/clinical research projects during design, execution, and after completion. Engage in scholarly activity in an area of expertise to establish a research agenda and participate in the University’s mission of public affairs with service to the college, university, and community.
The candidate must provide evidence of:
- Doctorate (Ph.D. or equivalent) in statistics, research methods and statistics, closely related field, or a discipline within the college.
- Potential for or evidence of innovative, learner-centered pedagogy
- Evidence of strong background in research design and/or statistics
- Evidence of expertise and content knowledge in biomedical/clinical research
- Ability to teach courses in research design, data analysis, and statistics
- The ability or potential to mentor and support our student population and research in MCHHS
- Evidence of research productivity by publication in scholarly journals.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Application Materials, Contact, and Application Deadline:
Screening of applications will begin on March 12, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.missouristate.edu/. Application documents to be submitted online are:
- A letter of application/cover letter;
- A curriculum vitae;
- The names and contact information of at least three references;
- Unofficial or official copies of all undergraduate and graduate school transcripts;
- A statement of teaching philosophy which must include/address the teaching responsibilities;
- Evidence of research activity such as publications;
- Optional evidence such as teaching evaluations, etc.;
- Submit a diversity statement. In addition to the materials noted above, applicants should also submit a statement that discusses past or future contributions to inclusive excellence in the areas of research, teaching and/or outreach.
Official graduate transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com