The Department of Environmental Science (ENVS) seeks an outstanding instructor for a new Career-Track (non-tenure eligible) Assistant Professor of Practice position to teach high-impact, inclusive in-person and online courses in the ENVS undergraduate and graduate curricula. Exceptional applicants with sufficient prior experience may be considered for associate or full rank. ENVS has a strong need for a faculty member to develop, revitalize and teach new and existing courses as part of a growing portfolio of environmental science courses offered in multiple modalities (in-person, iCourse, & AZOnline). The individual in this position will be responsible for transforming and teaching ENVS courses that are instrumental to the undergraduate and graduate majors through advancement of pedagogical methods, online approaches, and collaborative technologies. With full support of the ENVS faculty, this individual will bring a dynamic presence to our instructional team to include our leading-edge focus on pedagogy and diversity, equity, and inclusion in the environmental sciences. The successful candidate will develop and teach a new two-semester senior capstone series that will build upon the earlier coursework and apply new tools to emerging environmental problems. The individual will also revitalize the Environmental Monitoring course, and develop a new course on Energy, Environment and Society Nexus. The position is 90% instruction and 10% service, which equates to teaching ca. 18 credits per year.
- Prior experience in quantitative environmental characterization through scholarship, consulting, agency, or other “real-world” experience.
- Scholarly experience of standard and innovative methods for environmental observation, sampling, and analysis.
- An advanced degree (Ph.D.) with experience in instructional approaches to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Driver License and Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Ph.D. in natural sciences (e.g., Environmental Science, Soil Science, Geology, Environmental Biology, or a related discipline such as Environmental Engineering).
- Experience in the design, development, and teaching of quality courses at the college/university level.
- Experience inspiring, engaging, and motivating diverse students
See job posting at https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/4761?c=arizona
Apply at https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/4761?c=arizona
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Arizona and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com