Tenure track faculty position in Industrial and Systems Engineering, all levels considered, all areas of expertise of interest.
The Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor is under the administrative supervision of the Head of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. This is a tenure-track position. A faculty member in Industrial and Systems Engineering is an engineer and scholar with strong interest in teaching and conducting externally funded research. He/She contributes to the three missions of the University: teaching, research, and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are illustrations of the various duties assigned to this position. The absence of specifics statements of duties does not exclude those duties from the position if the work is a logical assignment of the position.
1) Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the general areas of Industrial and Systems Engineering and serve as research and project advisor for students of all levels
2) Serve as an academic advisor to graduate and undergraduate students
3) Expand the knowledge base of Industrial and Systems Engineering by conducting research
4) Supervise research of graduate students
5) Develop and sustain a strong, externally sponsored research program
6) Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals referred by his/her peers
7) Provide service to the Department, College, and University
8) Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering or Ph.D. in closely related area is required. Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills are required. Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Professional registration, or ability to qualify for registration. Previous teaching experience.
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Mississippi State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com