What if I told you it is possible to find a Company that lives to educate, inspire and empower others while creating a family atmosphere that truly appreciates and respects their team? Would you apply? What if I threw in strong Company values, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity for you to make a tangible impact and feel appreciated?
See below for a feel of what the Company culture is (REALLY) like. Hint: it's amazing.
At Westcliff, we are constantly striving to be the best while valuing each of our team members as human beings and succeeding together!
Westcliff is a leader in innovative global education. We are respected for our transformative, technologically advanced programs and initiatives with a focus on excellence, social responsibility, and diversity. Our tagline – “Educate. Inspire, Empower.” – is a summary of our Mission Statement. As it suggests, the main focus of our University is to strive to enhance the opportunities of our students and employees to enjoy success through empowerment, as a result of their education and hard work.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Westcliff’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Westcliff team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your personal touch on Westcliff’s progress as we grow and succeed together!
Westcliff University is seeking adjunct Instructors to teach courses for our College of Technology & Engineering program.
This role can be performed remotely. However, the classes are taught synchronously (live through Zoom). Classes meet once a week for 2 hours at 3pm and 6:30pm PST Monday through Friday.
- The qualified candidate will have an M.S. in Computer Science, M.S. in Information Technology, M.S. in Engineering and Management or a closely related field (Doctorate Degree preferred).
- Previous experience teaching in a university/college setting or in a business or professional environment is required.
- The University values candidates who have: specific knowledge in a particular application of computer science such as Programming, Software, Data, Machine Learning, Hardware and Software engineering, or Information Technology.
- The candidate should have the ability to stay informed of new techniques and directions within the discipline and have knowledge/experience in growing fields of study such as data analysis and machine learning.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching abilities in the instruction of graduate/undergraduate students.
- A former position within industry that is related to the above aspects of the position is desirable.
- The position is responsible for teaching courses in computer science, information technology, engineering management and other current areas of data and technology.
- The purpose of the position is to help chart the course of the University’s computer, data and technology-oriented programs for the future.
- The successful candidate will: be able to teach traditional computer science courses such as programming, algorithms, architecture, discrete structures, intelligent systems, and operating systems, have knowledge of several computer languages: Java, C/C++, R, Python, demonstrate excellent teaching abilities in the instruction of graduate/undergraduate students.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Westcliff University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply by email: monamckoy[at]westcliff.edu
Jobs at Westcliff University.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Westcliff University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Westcliff University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Westcliff University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Westcliff University.